Powell has established himself among this decade’s most exciting artists in the hardcore electronic dance music genre. He has recently unveiled a brand new single ‘Sylvester Stallone / Smut’, his debut release on XL Recordings.
Check out the minimalist electronic sounds of Powell (and its somewhat gruesome video) here:
Experts describe Powell’s music as a balance between future-shocked, electronic extremity and direct dance floor impact, eschewing tried and tested formulas in favour of calculated chaos.
Fans can catch Powell’s live show and DJ set at the following dates:
- 26th March FWD London (DJ Set)
- 11th April Electronica En Abril Madrid
- 25th April Donau Festival Krems
- 1st May Rewire Festival The Hague
- 19th June Sonar Barcelona
The single is available on 12” and digital download.
Leave a comment